Keep it Level, Keep it Cool.
- Bring an enclosed, air-conditioned vehicle with a flat/level surface to set the cake on. Seats and laps are NOT level! A minivan, SUV, or hatchback is best. In cars, cakes should be placed in the car floorboard. If floorboard is small, please bring a towel to compensate for seat incline.
- Clear your vehicle space of loose objects that could fall onto or roll into the cake.
- During transport, KEEP YOUR VEHICLE AS COLD AS POSSIBLE! Heat and humidity are not good for cakes.
- Drive carefully. Turns, stops and starts should be performed in an EXAGGERATEDLY SLOW manner. Avoid speed bumps, potholes, hills and use very slow speed on curves.
- Please ensure that the pickup of your cake is the last of your trips before arriving to your final destination. You paid money for a beautiful cake – don’t ruin it!
If you have chosen to pick up your cake, Sugar House is NOT responsible for damage to the cake after it has left our supervision. Damaged cakes will not be refunded or replaced.